Just around the corner, the Wisconsin State Fair begins on August 6th and goes through August 16th. The Fair is always an exciting event for Wisconsinites because it is a long-standing tradition that makes all of us from the state proud. Today’s Sunset Bank and Savings will focus on one of the most beloved aspects of the State Fair; the top foods on a stick.
Top Foods on a Stick at the Wisconsin State Fair:
- Alligator Andouille Sausage on a stick- if you are looking for something exotic, this is the option for you. The Alligator delight can be found at the Exotic Meat Grill where you can also find other interesting meat items.
- Fish and Chips on a Stick- Who would have thought you could get this lakeside favorite at the state fair, especially on a stick. The stick throws in a classic twist on the Wisconsin summertime favorite.
- Mega Dog on a Stick- This corndog is described as mega and they mean business. It’s 18 inches of hot dog covered in delectable cornbread. You probably will not have room for dessert after this one.
- Bacon Wrapped Cherry wood Smoked Pork Belly on a stick- This barbeque glazed treat can be found at Saz’s Ribs.
- Better with Bacon Bar- Pints of Premium Vanilla or Chocolate Ice Cream hand stuck and cut. Rolled in real Hormel Bacon pieces and dipped in Chocolate.
- Cookie Dough on a Stick- You choose the flavor of cookie dough and enjoy at the Central Mall.
- Deep Fried Macaroni and Cheese on a stick- available at Catfish Johnny’s
- Deep Fried Peanut Butter and Jelly on a Stick- Childhood favorite, but deep fried.
- Spaghetti and Meatballs on a stick- we wish you luck eating this one, let us know how that goes!
- Lug Nuts on a Stuck- Exclusively found at Knuckleheads
Sunset Bank and Savings hopes you get to take in all Wisconsin has to offer at the State Fair this coming week.