Home buying season is here! Which means that home showing season is here too. As you get ready to show your home to prospective buyers, there are some steps you want to take to make your home look as appealing as possible. Sunset Bank and Savings has a few tips to help you get your home ready to show this spring!
- De-clutter and deep clean everything. The less stuff you have around, the roomier it will seem. Go through closets, storage areas and the attic to get rid of the junk that you don’t need. Then go through your house room by room and deep clean everything. Having a clean, organized house will signal to buyers that you have cared for the home and it is in good condition.
- Make small fixes. If buyers notice small problems with the home like squeaky floorboards or dingy walls, they will probably make a lower offer. Don’t leave potential buyers any reason to offer you less than what you are asking for. It will pay off to make the easy fixes and repairs now.
- Let fresh air in. Nothing turns people off quite like an unpleasant smell. Some of the odors you should definitely get rid of are tobacco, pets, cooking and musty laundry. Scents like baked bread, cinnamon and fresh flowers will attract positive attention.
- Use natural light. Pull back the curtains! Bright, open rooms feel larger and more inviting. In rooms that don’t allow the sunshine in, replace light bulbs to add some extra brightness.
- Neutralize your home. Take down some of your family photos and personal items. When prospective buyers are looking through a house, they are trying to picture themselves living there. Instead of your personal items, set out fresh flowers, a bowl of fruit or fresh cookies to add a personalized touch.
Changing homes is an exciting time! We want to help you make it go as smoothly as possible. If you are looking to buy a home and need advice on your mortgage, talk to the Loan Officers at Sunset Bank and Savings. We know the Waukesha market and can help find the best option for you!